Johan Sørensen is a developer who currently specializes in creating software for Mac OSX and iOS. He is an avid mountainbike trail rider. He hates writing his own bio.
Recent work history
- 2016-present Senior iOS Developer NRK Oslo, Norway
- iOS developer at the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, mainly on the nrk.no news app
- 2014-2016: iOS Lead Developer, FINN.no Oslo, Norway
- Lead developer of the iOS app for Norway's largest classifieds site
- 2012-present: Founder & Owner, Frosthaus AS Oslo, Norway
- Building wonderful software such as Sequence, the Mac timelapse editor
- 2008-2012: Co-founder & CTO, Shortcut AS. Oslo, Norway
- Ruby on Rails consulting company later turned to iOS development agency.
- 2006-2008: Senior Developer, Bengler AS/Origo Gruppen AS. Oslo, Norway
- Worked primarily on social networking site Origo.no, with Ruby development and handling scalability.
- 2004-2006: Developer, TextDrive Inc./Joyent Inc. San Francisco, USA
- Built cloud backup solutions Strongspace.com and bingodisk.com in Rails. Billing systems and other backends in Ruby and Rails, system administration of FreeBSD and Solaris boxes. Shared hosting customer support.
- 2003-2004: Interface Designer, Warthog Games Sweden. Helsingborg, Sweden
- Built and designed in-game UI elements such as menus and HUD for the Richard Burns Rally Championship rally similation game for the PC, PS2 and Xbox.
- 2007-2010 Gitorious: Open source Git repository hosting and collaboration website and software (Ruby)
- 2004-2005 Collaboa: A now abandoned open source Subversion repository manager and browser (Ruby)
- 2004 Paparazzi: OSX application for taking fullsize screenshots of websites (Cocoa)